Client Intake: Streamlining Procedures and Converting Prospects into Clients (MCLE Credits Extended to 1/11/2022Date: 01/12/2016
Topic: Practice Management
Credit:0.75 - PS
OSB CLE Program No.: 558*2078
This Webinar will help practitioners improve and streamline the client intake process. Learn how to properly screen clients while avoiding miscommunication, potential bar complaints, and malpractice claims. Get the information you need without wasting time or damaging client rapport. Includes a demonstration of Lexicata, the all-in-one client intake solution for lawyers. (MCLE Credit Extended to 1/11//2022)
- The Current Client Intake Landscape
- Pitfalls of Client Intake
- Overview of the Intake Process - Identifying what is needed from the client, getting organized, reviewing ethical considerations, assigning roles
- Breaking Down Intake - Responding to the initial inquiry, consulting by phone or in-person, following up post-consultation
- Social Media and Client Intake
- Managing Initial Contact - Identifying referral sources, setting the tone, applying the Rule of 7, managing expectations, client tracking
- The Role of Technology - streamlining intake, collecting information, balancing the need to screen v. wasting client time or damaging rapport
- Client Engagement - signing clients, managing workflow, removing barriers to engagement, using eSigning as a tool, communicating next steps
- Evaluating Your Intake Process - Asking for feedback to improve procedures
FacultyMichael Chasin, J.D., M.B.A.
Michael Chasin is a native of Los Angeles, California. He migrated to the east coast where he completed his BS in Business Administration with an emphasis in Entrepreneurship from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.
After finishing his undergraduate degree, he moved back to California to pursue his law and MBA degrees at Loyola Marymount University. He completed his J.D./M.B.A. in 2013. Understanding the inefficiencies existing in an ancient profession, he co-founded LawKick.com, one of the first marketplaces for connecting lawyers with potential clients. Michael focused primarily on the financial management, business strategy, and business development of LawKick. After 2 years of operating LawKick, Michael and his team discovered another big gap in the legal profession, the client intake process. With his co-founder Aaron George, they developed Lexicata, the industry's first cloud-based client intake software. It creates a seamless client intake process in which new clients can fill out forms and sign engagement letters online from any type device while providing automation and organization for the firms to better manage the process.
HOW TO ORDER OR REGISTER
This material is provided for informational purposes only and does not establish, report, or create the standard of care for attorneys in Oregon, nor does it represent a complete analysis of the topics presented. Readers should conduct their own appropriate legal research. The information presented does not represent legal advice. This information may not be republished, sold, or used in any other form without the written consent of the Oregon State Bar Professional Liability Fund except that permission is granted for Oregon lawyers to use and modify these materials in their own practices.
© 2019 OSB Professional Liability Fund.