So You Think You Don't Practice "Securities Law?" (MCLE Credit Extended to 3/13/22.)Date: 09/13/2017
Topic: Malpractice Avoidance
Credit:1.5 - PS
OSB CLE Event ID: 42879
Program Materials: Download Program Materials
This CLE will help you understand your exposure and how to reduce your risk of being sued. Topics include:
• The fine line between “ordinary” transactions and transactions that expose you to claims of materially aiding an unlawful sale;
• How to recognize transactions that qualify as an Oregon security;
• Lawyer liability to non-clients arising out of Oregon securities transactions;
• The red flags that signal a problem client or transaction;
• How to reduce your liability risk; and
• What to expect if a securities claim is made against you.
Matthew Kalmanson, Hart Wagner
Daniel Keppler, Garvey Schubert Barer
Sarah Troutt, Claims Attorney, OSB Professional Liability Fund
Emilee Preble, Lead Underwriter, OSB Professional Liability Fund
(MCLE Credit Extended to 3/13/22.)
HOW TO ORDER OR REGISTER
This material is provided for informational purposes only and does not establish, report, or create the standard of care for attorneys in Oregon, nor does it represent a complete analysis of the topics presented. Readers should conduct their own appropriate legal research. The information presented does not represent legal advice. This information may not be republished, sold, or used in any other form without the written consent of the Oregon State Bar Professional Liability Fund except that permission is granted for Oregon lawyers to use and modify these materials in their own practices.
© 2020 OSB Professional Liability Fund.