Supporting Lawyer Well-Being: What is Your Role - BendDate: 10/17/2019
Topic: Mental Health and Substance Use
Credit:1 - MHSU
OSB CLE Program No.: 58624
The OSB Professional Liability Fund is presenting a CLE "Supporting Lawyer Well-Being: What is Your Role" on Thursday, October 17, 2019, for the Deschutes County Bar Association. Presented by Bryan Welch, Oregon Attorney Assistance Program Attorney Counselor, the lawyers who attend this program will:
• Learn about recent research on lawyer well-being;
• Increase their awareness of signs and symptoms of substance misuse, anxiety, depression, and unhealthy stress;
• Consider factors that prevent lawyers from seeking help for mental health conditions;
• Learn techniques to approach and support a potentially impaired colleague;
• Explore their own role in helping to reduce the stigma associated with seeking help for mental health and substance misuse and in encouraging help-seeking behavior; and
• Review the importance of self-care and resilience building in promoting well-being.
A social hour and reception with fellow Deschutes County attorneys and the Professional Liability Fund Board of Directors will immediately follow the CLE.
The CLE and reception will be at the Tap Room at the Deschutes Brewery, 1044 NW Bond Street, Bend, OR 97703, The CLE will be from 4:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. The reception will be from 5:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. Lawyers, judges, and staff are all welcome to attend. Please join us for refreshments. You are welcome to attend both the seminar and reception or either one.
1 MCLE Mental Health Substance Use Education credit is pending.
TO REGISTER FOR THE CLE AND/OR RECEPTION: You can register for this CLE and/or reception by replying to firstname.lastname@example.org with the names of the people you are registering, their bar number if they have one, and whether you will be attending the CLE, reception, or both.
Registration deadline: Wednesday, October 9, 2019
This material is provided for informational purposes only and does not establish, report, or create the standard of care for attorneys in Oregon, nor does it represent a complete analysis of the topics presented. Readers should conduct their own appropriate legal research. The information presented does not represent legal advice. This information may not be republished, sold, or used in any other form without the written consent of the Oregon State Bar Professional Liability Fund except that permission is granted for Oregon lawyers to use and modify these materials in their own practices.
© 2019 OSB Professional Liability Fund.