Job Opportunity Details
OAAP Attorney Counselor
The Oregon Attorney Assistance Program (OAAP) is hiring an attorney counselor to assist lawyers, judges, law students, and other members of the legal community with well-being and personal challenges including, but not limited to, behavioral health, stress management, depression/anxiety, substance use, career transition, and retirement-related issues. Primary responsibilities include short-term individual counseling and referrals to community resources, facilitation of support groups and workshops, presentation of CLEs and other educational programs, and crisis intervention.
Preferred applicants will have:
- A minimum of five (5) years of experience practicing law;
- Counseling/therapy, social work, or equivalent professional licensure or be in the process of completing graduate-level requirements to obtain such licensure;
- Behavioral health and substance use counseling experience, including group facilitation, recovery support, crisis intervention, and trauma counseling;
- If in recovery, a minimum of five (5) consecutive years in recovery; and
- Writing and public speaking expertise.
Position requires travel throughout Oregon. Salary is dependent on experience. Excellent benefits package, including Oregon PERS. The OAAP is a confidential service provided by the Oregon State Bar Professional Liability Fund (PLF) to all members of the legal community.
Please send your resume and cover letter to:
Madeleine S. Campbell
PLF General Counsel
Applications will not be accepted by phone.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The PLF is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at the PLF are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national origin, gender, sexual orientation or identity, age, disability, family or parental status, or any other status protected by applicable laws or regulations. Candidates from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.