Lawyers have significant exposure to the trauma stories of their clients, magnified during controversy and during this long season of worsening mental health and spiraling addiction. In this important CLE, Kyra Hazilla, director and attorney counselor with the Oregon Attorney Assistance Program (OAAP), and Douglas Querin, OAAP senior attorney counselor, will skillfully cover the following topics:
- What are the current trends of mental health and substance abuse in the population?
- What types of conditions are commonly present and what symptoms are commonly identified?
- What is happening with people's brains who might have susceptibility to these conditions during additional times of stress, like litigation?
- How can we best serve clients or colleagues amidst these struggles?
- Are there self care practices should we employ to weather the storm?
For more information: Contact Jon Strauhull, Multnomah County Attorney's Office, at 503.988.3138. For registration questions, contact the MBA at firstname.lastname@example.org.