Administrative errors, such as missed dates and deadlines, account for the majority of legal malpractice claims. Improving your office systems can substantially reduce your risk of potential claims and enhance the enjoyment of practicing law.Free and confidential assistance with office systems is available to all Oregon lawyers for a wide range of needs through the Professional Liability Fund’s Practice Management Attorney (PMA) Program.
If you are interested in reducing your malpractice exposure, streamlining your office systems, opening your law office, or closing your law practice, contact a practice management attorney at 503.639.6911 or 1.800.452.1639 or complete an online contact form. For an overview of available PMA assistance, click on the tabs below:
- Selecting cases and clients that are a good match for you
- Using intake and new client information checklists
- Clarifying information about case cost
- Reviewing fee agreements with clients
- Establishing client service policies
- Documenting case information
- Transmitting information to clients
- Creating and meeting realistic client expectations
- Resources for marketing and business development
- Building a solid client base
This material is provided for informational purposes only and does not establish, report, or create the standard of care for attorneys in Oregon, nor does it represent a complete analysis of the topics presented. Readers should conduct their own appropriate legal research. The information presented does not represent legal advice. This information may not be republished, sold, or used in any other form without the written consent of the Oregon State Bar Professional Liability Fund except that permission is granted for Oregon lawyers to use and modify these materials in their own practices.
© 2021 OSB Professional Liability Fund.