The Oregon Attorney Assistance Program invites you to join us for Well-Being Week in Law, May 2-6, 2022.
What is "Well-Being Week in Law"?
“Well-Being Week in Law” is a national event that takes place annually the first week in May. The goal is to raise awareness about mental health and encourage action and innovation to improve well-being throughout the profession. In 2021, the event’s name was changed from “Lawyer Well-Being Week” to “Well-Being Week in Law” to acknowledge and include the contributions to the profession by those who are not lawyers.
The Institute for Well-Being in Law ─ which promotes and coordinates the event ─ challenges the legal community to come together to effect change for the good of all and invites individuals and organizations alike to get involved and make a difference.
The OAAP is excited to bring you blog posts and resources to enhance your well-being. Each day’s blog post will focus on a different aspect of well-being and will include suggestions to “watch this,” “read this,” and “do this.” You can choose from a veritable buffet of well-being activities all week. In addition, the OAAP attorney counselors will hold a 45-minute chat on Thursday, May 5, 2022, at 12 p.m. to discuss social well-being and opportunities to increase engagement. No sign-up required – just come as you are.
What's ahead for Well-Being Week in Law:
Here's a look at what's to come for Well-Being Week in Law:
- Monday: Stay Strong: Physical Well-Being − Monday’s blog post will kick off well-being week with resources for getting moving and reframing how you think about self-care.
- Tuesday: Align: Spiritual Well-Being − Tuesday’s blog post will focus on gratitude, setting spiritual goals, and cultivating your sense of purpose.
- Wednesday: Engage & Grow: Career & Intellectual Well-Being − Wednesday’s blog post will feature resources on mastering self-talk and behavioral activation strategies.
- Thursday: Connect: Social Well-Being − Thursday’s blog post will focus on how to be happier at work and positive psychology in the workplace. To join the 45-minute chat starting at 12:00 p.m., click here.
- Friday: Feel Well: Emotional Well-Being: Friday’s blog will cap off the week with resources for everyday acts of kindness, changing how you listen, and becoming a joy multiplier.
For more information about Well-Being Week in Law, contact the OAAP attorney counselors at 503.226.1057 or through our website.